This document is part of a series on tricky choices in IPLD design.
- Significant content work is needed here!
Git makes a very similar set of choices to what IPLD has also chosen:
- UTF-8 is advised, and presumed;
- more specifically, NFC normalization is the default behavior;
- but other encodings are treated as a warning, at most;
- and existing data will never be forcibly re-encoded, since that may be lossy.
The documentation for
discusses character encoding behaviors of Git in greater detail.